Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 29, 2010

Isn't It Pretty To Think So?

Have you ever reached the point in your life where you realize you’re not a kid anymore? And, upon thinking about said realization, you look back at the past few years and realize that life is being slowly drained from you? Or maybe you’ve just been going through the motions so well that you forgot to turn your head along the way to see what surrounds you. I’m at that moment, but I think I’ve caught it early enough to retrain my brain. It’s pretty depressing actually. 8 to 5 Mon- Fri job…weekends catching up on sleep…all evenings filled with lethargy stemmed from eating out too much. The checking account decreases while the waist lines increase. Surely this is not what life is meant to be at 26?

How the hell do people manage work, social life, family, chores, and hobbies without losing their mind or depending on caffeine pills? (Jessie Spano, anyone? I’m so excited….I’m so…so…scared!) There’s a quote from my favorite book that mentions life passing by and the response is that only bull fighters know how to live life. Why can’t I get off my ass to grab the bull by the horns for once?

Cohn: “I can’t stand it to think my life is going so fast and I’m not really living it."
Jake: “Nobody ever lives their life all the way up except bull-fighters.”
-The Sun Also Rises

No comments:


Blog Design By Yummy Design Studio